The time of year is upon me when I need to choose my “word of the year“. I’ve been doing it for a few years, and the one year it worked well for me was when I chose “happy”. I almost went with it again for 2018, but instead I chose “FOCUS“.
I’m excited for this year!
My main direction for “FOCUS” will be the second definition. directed attention. I think it’s going to be a good year. I’m ready for something big and new to happen. I know that I am going to have to make it happen, but I am ready to FOCUS on me, on life, on all the things!
Goals for 2018:
Focus and finish a fitness program
Drink me some Shakeology
Get back to the Gym
Write the novel I originally started planning for November
Win NaNoWriMo 2018
Have you chosen a word? How are you going to use it to help you set your goals for 2018?
Posted on11 November, 2017|Comments Off on I have a Plot (ignore the terrible outline)
Okay, now I have a workable plot! Well, a good chunk of one. This might get me to at least the end of the fifty thousand words! Or at least twenty five thousand!
Thork brings back Arona.
They travel up the Trackless Sea
2. They land in Neverwinter
3. They travel through the Neverwinter Wood
a. Along the way, they pick up Jillie
4. They trek through a metric fuckton of sand
5. They end up in Longsaddle
a. they must deal with at least one dark magic pissing contest
b. they might meet up with a lycanthrope
6. They cross the River Surbin and end up in the Evermoors.
7. They stop in Nesme to pick up (or find) Soran
8. They finally get to Silverymoon.
They are given their assignment
They head to Wayward House
2. They get food and ale, catch up on the gossip.
a. Jeni is in hot water with other cleric
b. Bramkahm is finally located
c. Someone got someone pregnant. This has absolutely no relevance on the story but it should hopefully make for some good dialogue?
3. Jeni’s henchman comes for them.
4. They get their assignment.
a. go to Sundabar
b. they are to steal something from “Old Grimfist” and plant it in Helm’s room
c. Soran is to do it because of the orc Hatred.
They get caught.
Helm is the one who catches Soran.
2. I have no idea what else is going to happen, but it is pretty awesome how that is going to work out! Well, I hope that it is awesome. It is a lot farther than I have ever made it before!
3. Things will work out
4. They will have to make it right
They have to tell Jeni that it did not work.
Jeni will make an attempt to kill them.
2. In the process, Jeni will be mortally injured.
3. In the process, Thork will be mortally injured.
4. Arona must make the choice between Jeni and Thork.
a. Will she go with her heart and save Thork?
b. Will she go with “loyalty” and save Jeni? He is the one who trained her to utilize her abilities. But he is the one who used her for her abilities as well.
She saves Thork. Obviously. She has to deal with the guilt of letting someone else die though.
She runs away, but not back to Evermeet. That needs to be figured out. Somewhere where elves can go and blend in.
I think that is a pretty good start to a plot. It is truly the first time I have had a real plot outline at all! I love this. Now to actually start the writing of it and not the fluff going nowhere stuff that I have been writing!
ZOMG! I have a full premise for the story, with SEVERAL QUESTIONS that need to be answered!
BUT!! I’m not going to share until after my write-in on Sunday because that makes me have to WRITE (still have not one word ?).
BUT I told my family (and my husband told his gaming buds) and everyone thinks it’s a good idea, so I’m going with it!