In my family, it’s always a good thing to find something that the kids will eat. My kids are extremely picky eaters, and lately aren’t wanting to eat anything. They like mushrooms and potatoes, so I thought I’d make something to suit that.
Mushroom Porkchops and Fried Potatoes
Needed food items:
- Pork chops (enough for your family)
- Can of cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz of mushrooms (fresh)
- 6-8 potatoes (baking/russet)
- seasonings of choice
Easy as pie directions:
- Place pork chops into a baking dish (I used a glass one).
- Cover with soup, spreading it around to fully coat
- Top with sliced mushrooms (as many or as few as you want)
- Add seasonings of choice (you can add them at any point, but I thought they tasted better on top)
- Put into a preheated 375-400 degree oven for about 30 minutes (more or less, depending on thickness of the cut of the porkchops and if they’re bone-in or boneless
- Pour some oil (or whatever you prefer to use to fry the potatoes) into a skillet. I used a 1-1/2″ side skillet to prevent major splashing of the hot oil
- Toss in the potatoes
- Add seasonings of choice
- Use remainder of mushrooms
- Fry. I set mine at med-high, with a lid, to prevent splattering, and to help it cook more evenly. Took about 20 minutes for all of my potatoes
Serve. Ours served 4 easily, with the ability for seconds. 🙂
Posted in Meh, No Set Topic
Tagged 30 minutes, baking dish, cream of mushroom, cream of mushroom soup, food items, fried potatoes, mushrooms, picky eaters, pork chops, porkchops, recipes, seasonings, skillet
I swear we’re not an alcoholic family. The alcohol at the bottom, we’ve had since, I don’t know, before Mark and Julie moved into their house. The beers and wine coolers are from Halloween, XD (okay, the opened one on the door is from a few days ago, so obviously I don’t drink much, XD).
And yes, I have a slight obsession with pre-made cookies. It’s not that I can’t do them myself, it’s that I don’t have enough space to do them, nor the right equipment. My stuff SUCKS, :lol:. I need a better mixer. Oh, and we’re having pork chops for dinner. That’s what the Tyson thing is below.
My shopping list for tomorrow, things I have to buy, XD.
- Wrapping Paper
- One more gift for Emma and Gavin
- Stockings for Josh and I
- Haircuts for Ethan and Josh (since we’re going to be there anyway, XD)
- A gift for Jamie from the kiddos
- To-From labels (we used all of ours from last year, XD
- Chicken, pork chops, and hamburger
- Madi’s Barbie/Horse set, plus her extra horse
- Outfits for Madi and Ethan (Christmas gifts)
- Notebook for Embodiment, the paper journal project
- Pens and pencils for Embodiment, the paper journal project
- Chicken nuggets
More will be added as I think of it, XD
Posted in Meh, No Set Topic
Tagged Barbie, chicken, Christmas, christmas gifts, haircuts, hamburger, journal project, labels, notebook, paper journal, pencils, pens, pork chops, shopping list, stockings, wrapping paper