My Birthday!The Big Day8 December, 2019Holy crap. I'm really old!
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: habitImage Image
My goal isn’t really ambitious. It’s 3 books a week. I can do that. Easily. I read 206 books last year!
But my goal this year is to read more than just romance novels.
Some self-help. Some basic fantasy. I’m going to try all the genres.
Okay, not really, but I am going to try and read something besides romance novels.
I’m currently reading (along with an actual romance novel) “” by Ryder Carroll.
I love my bullet journal. I don’t do a traditional one in a book (I do have books. LOTS of books. Several ones, including the actual that came out this year). But I have a , instead. I got mine from Michaels, and I love it. I can have more than one, and switch them out as I get bored with the color or the design. I have a for my A5. That’s the size I prefer to work with.
Okay, my ADHD is kicking in and now I’m focusing on something different. I was explaining a book I was reading. We’re talking about books here. The planner talk will come later, I promise.
As you can see, the goal isn’t too out there. 2014, I read over 300 books. 2015, I don’t think I even DID a challenge. 2015 was a weird year for me. I honestly don’t even remember MOST of 2015 :O
2016 was the full year of me working. I was still only technically part-time, but I remember working 10-15 days in a row. I remember having an “OT battle” with coworkers.
2017 was the year I went full-time. 2017 was the year both kids were starting school during the time Josh would be home.
- Oh. 2018. I barely made my goal of 200. I chose several short small books to reach that goal. I read like 4 or 5 books in one day during that time. I didn’t feel like I cheated but I did feel like I could have chosen different books and just dealt with not hitting 200 books for the year!
So, 2019 will be year of making changes to my reading habits. I will read what I enjoy, but I will attempt to branch out. I shared a link on my Facebook (personal, but I will share it right now on my FB blog page).
What are YOUR reading goals?
it is a’comin’. The killer? Laundry. Lots of it.
But, today, I’m turning over a new leaf. Okay, I’m just feeling motivated to actually do it, :loser:. I don’t get these motivations often, so when I do get them, I take full advantage of them :faint:.
Who’s with me, though, on finding someone to design us something to do the laundry for us? Come on, we’ve got someone to do the vacuuming for us, why not the laundry? Sounds reasonable, right?
Josh and I have gotten into the habit of paying extra on some bills, just to keep ahead of the flood, and it’s honestly working well for us. That screenshot? That’s when our next car payment is due. That’s when our SECOND car payment is due. I paid an extra $500 this month, from tax return, and damn, put us 2 months ahead, at least, XD. *sweet*
We also most likely won’t be paying gas this month, because I’ve overpaid, and they reimbursed our deposit at the same time. Overpaying, especially when the weather is as crazy as it has been, has kept us afloat when things were getting tight, because we overpaid when we could afford it, and made it easier when we really couldn’t. I just can’t believe it took us 6 years together to figure it out. Then again, this is the first year where we’re in a position to do it. Josh’s pay increase seriously came right when we needed it.
I snagged these memes from other bloggers. No one tagged me, so I’ll be nice and not tag anyone. Feel free to do it yourself, but make sure you let me know if you did 🙂
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
Nope, not that I know of. I might put in a few apps, but only because I want to get out 🙂
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
3. Will you be looking for sex?
Not that I know of. Josh is pretty willing, all the time
4. What will you do different in ‘08?
I have no idea.
5. New Years Resolution?
Complete 1/3 of my 101 in 1001
6. What will you not be doing in ‘08?
7. Any trips planned?
Hoping to go to Virginia/North Carolina in April/May
8. Wedding plans?
Do friends count?
9. Major thing on your calendar?
Madi turns 5 this year; Ethan turns 3; Madi starts kindergarten
10. What can’t you wait for?
Madi to start school 🙂
11. What would you like to see happen different?
No more damn Re-pubes in office
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
How I handle situations
13. What happened in ‘07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I always try to be nice
15. Will you dress differently in ‘08 than you did in ‘07?
I doubt it.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
No, I’ll keep my current habit, thanks, though 🙂
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I think I have a pretty good relationship with the ones that count, and the ones I feel I can trust, and not betray my family
18. Will you do Volunteer work?
20. Do you expect ‘08 to be a good year for you?
No. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it is
21. How much did you change from this time last year til now?
Not much at all, as far as I know
22. Do you plan on having a child?
23. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
most likely 😛
24. Major lifestyle changes?
Not that I know of
25. Will you be moving?
Most likely not
26. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
Car wrecks? Or at least ones where we get screwed because insurance companies are quacks
27. What are your New Years Eve plans?
Get well, since I’m sick 🙁
28. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
My Hubs 😛