The questions and things come from here. We’ll see how well I can do this, :lol:. If anything really sucks, please, please, PLEASE, let me know!
- Are the laws of nature and physics actually different in this world, or are they the same as in real life? How does magic fit in? How do magical beasts fit in?
Basic laws of physics apply, except in situations in which the Magickals are involved. Then, the rules are no longer applied, in a general sense. There are still rules to govern the way it is used, and no changing of atoms and things occurs, though “creation” of new ones can, in a sense.
- Is this generally an earth-like world? Is it an “alternate Earth”?
Generally, it’s pretty much “Earth” with minor differences, much like how Vulcan is much like Earth but not.
With the generator stuff, I’m keeping it ALL, with no editing!
And now, The Gods and Goddesses:
Okay, I was thinking on this last night. Sounds like I’m gonna sort of completely steal Perpstu’s vampires and faeries idea, :lol:.
- Vampires: I’m gonna go more the route of JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood. You are either born a vampire or you’re not. They don’t prey on humans. They help the faeries protect humans, along with the “magicals”. They can live up to a millennium.
- The Magicals: They can wield magic. They’re born with the ability, but not all children born to a magical family have the ability. They do not learn that they can do magic until their 16th birthday. While human children are anxiously awaiting the ability to get their driver’s license, Magicals are anxiously awaiting to find out if they’ll be using magic or not. Those who are magic-wielding are then trained to protect the humans. They live for at least five centuries, and age normally until they hit their mid-twenties, in which the aging process practically halts until the last decade or so of their lives.
- The Faeries: There are two types of faeries. The Good and The Evil. A faery child can make the choice to be evil or good, and an adult faery has the ability to change their “party affiliation”. The magic a faery wields is the same, good or evil. Faeries, as expected, are tiny creatures, who can “grow” to human-size. They do fly. They do have wings.
- The Gods: There cannot be a world without gods and goddesses. I’m still working on how many I’m gonna have, and who will have domain over what. Suggestions for domains would be awesome
- The Humans: Does one really have to describe the humans? Seriously? They’re basic. They’re boring. They’re, well, humans, 😆
I’m also working on special animals for the series (yes, I want to make it a series, because it gives me something to write for NaNoWriMo, Writo de Mayo, and JulWriMo.
Posted in Meh, No Set Topic
Tagged faeries, fantasy, gods, humans, julwrimo, magicals, nano, planning, story planning, writing, writo de mayo