I did a thing! I meal planned… Ish. I was looking at easy lunches on the Beachbody blog. Severe Storm Warning, so I can’t leave but I had pre-prepared fajita meat, and some other things, so I’m making a wrap tomorrow. I have access to a microwave (I work in a hospital cafe), so I can easily warm up my meat. In the orange container is ranch. It was what I had. I won’t even use all I have in there.
I have no idea what was going on but today was not a good day.
Woke up at 6am to a huge clap of thunder. The whole apartment shook like we were having an earthquake. I’ve felt a few of them in the past couple years here, so I know what I’m talking about.
Then I slept a little longer. I’m getting more efficient sleep according to my FitBit. Up to over sixty-percent. I was getting like thirty to forty before.
So, working out is working to make me sleep. I’m not even taking sleep aids. That’s the best part.
But today? I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Every. Single. Sound. sent me over the edge.
I knew something wasn’t right but I couldn’t do a damn thing about it.
I took an iron pill and that helped, but I still feel like I’m going to jump out of my skin.
I honestly felt like I could kill someone today. Stab them. Hurt them. Something. I was just completely and totally on edge for no reason that I could tell.
Reasons to Love or Praise FitBit
- This is the longest I’ve worn a pedometer and regularly used it! This is going on Month 03. That’s a nice record.
- My FitBit now has more bands than my Inspire had cases. And that’s a good thing. I’m not risking a rash from nasties growing, *and* I’m more likely to wear it when I can match or coordinate.
- After walking, happily, with a HUGE smile on my face, for over 20k in steps, I’m finding I’m a happier person when I’ve walked or worked out.
- I’ve also sadly found out that I can’t run outside. It’s not anything to do with my cardio. It’s all because of how my feet are. I need to find shoes that will allow me to wear insoles. Shoes that I actually would be caught wearing.
- I’m picky about things like clothes and shoes, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Those things are the things that keep me motivated. OOHH!! I completed my goals for 2 weeks straight! New clothes! I lost 5lb and my clothes are too big! Shopping trip.
- Actually, if I do good on these things, I’m hoping to convince Josh to let me get a heartrate monitor, so I can more accurately track how my heart is doing. I’m known for having a faster heartbeat rate, and I’m not sure how that translates for actual calorie burning :/
- Something like this would be perfect, I think: Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor. It’s cute, girly, and will still be good. Plus, it’s good for swimming, and the like, which means, basically, I’d NEVER have to take it off. One wrist would have that, the other would have the FitBit Flex. Or the FitBit would go in a pocket. Or one wrist would have both. Or I’d change to a different FitBit. Either way … win-win all around, I think!