Starting my year off right!
Category Archives: Book Addict
My goal isn’t really ambitious. It’s 3 books a week. I can do that. Easily. I read 206 books last year!
But my goal this year is to read more than just romance novels.
Some self-help. Some basic fantasy. I’m going to try all the genres.
Okay, not really, but I am going to try and read something besides romance novels.
I’m currently reading (along with an actual romance novel) “” by Ryder Carroll.
I love my bullet journal. I don’t do a traditional one in a book (I do have books. LOTS of books. Several ones, including the actual that came out this year). But I have a , instead. I got mine from Michaels, and I love it. I can have more than one, and switch them out as I get bored with the color or the design. I have a for my A5. That’s the size I prefer to work with.
Okay, my ADHD is kicking in and now I’m focusing on something different. I was explaining a book I was reading. We’re talking about books here. The planner talk will come later, I promise.
As you can see, the goal isn’t too out there. 2014, I read over 300 books. 2015, I don’t think I even DID a challenge. 2015 was a weird year for me. I honestly don’t even remember MOST of 2015 :O
2016 was the full year of me working. I was still only technically part-time, but I remember working 10-15 days in a row. I remember having an “OT battle” with coworkers.
2017 was the year I went full-time. 2017 was the year both kids were starting school during the time Josh would be home.
- Oh. 2018. I barely made my goal of 200. I chose several short small books to reach that goal. I read like 4 or 5 books in one day during that time. I didn’t feel like I cheated but I did feel like I could have chosen different books and just dealt with not hitting 200 books for the year!
So, 2019 will be year of making changes to my reading habits. I will read what I enjoy, but I will attempt to branch out. I shared a link on my Facebook (personal, but I will share it right now on my FB blog page).
What are YOUR reading goals?
Goodness! I read a lot of books this month. The goal was only 5, but wow. I read TWENTY! I’m 9 books away from finishing my goal of 200 for 2018!
- What You Need
- Just What I Needed
- All You Need
- When I Need You
- Hate, Date, or Mate?
- A Devil of a Date
- The Vampire wants a Wife
- Here for the Seer
- The Madness of Viscount Atherbourne
- The Truth About Cads and Dukes
- Desperately Seeking a Scoundrel
- The Devil Is a Marquess
- Twelve Nights as His Mistress
- When a Girl Loves an Earl
- Confessions of a Dangerous Lord
- Didn’t Sea it Coming
- Fashionably Fabulous
- Anything but a Gentleman
- A Rancher’s Bride
- Courting The Cat Whisperer
I have goals! Yes I do!
I’m starting with small goals. The smaller goals mean they’re easier to achieve!
Goal #1: Start Shift Shop
I start on November 04 (Monday). My goal is to completely finish it!
Goal #2: Write 50k Words
I’m doing NaNoWriMo. I need to write those words!
Goal #3: Share My Workouts
I went to a singular instagram account so that I could do this more efficiently.
Goal 4: Read at least 5 Books
I only put it that low simply because I should be focusing on writing and NOT my reading.
Goal 5: Get SLEEP!
Yeah, I haven’t been sleeping well. AT ALL!
Here are the books that I read in October. The list is smaller but I switched positions fully in October, so I’m struggling to get used to it!
- Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
- Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys, #3)
- One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)
- Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys, #5)
- Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6)
- Wrapped and Strapped (Blacktop Cowboys, #7)
- Hang Tough (Blacktop Cowboys #8)
- Racked and Stacked (Blacktop Cowboys, #9)
- Bound (Mastered, #1)
- Unwound (Mastered, #2)
- Unraveled (Mastered, #3)
- Caged (Mastered, #4)
I told you it was short and sweet!