Madison became a unicorn :O
Monthly Archives: August 2017
Diet and workouts haven’t been the greatest, but since I got my Shakeology in the mail, I’ve had one every. single. day.
- My IBS hasn’t had a flair-up, and I’ve put it to the test by drinking milk (it was skim, so that does make a difference).
- Even when I’m doing butt o’clock early shifts, with little to no sleep, I have time to have a shake. If I have more time, I make it more special (currently addicted to Snickerdoodle ), but I’m fine with just unsweetened vanilla and a scoop.
- I get hungry at a decent time when it comes to lunch. With other ones (like Carnation Instant Breakfast, even the extra protein ones), I was hungry, shaking hungry, within 2 hours. Sometimes I’m not even hungry 4 hours later, when I’m usually going on lunch. I have to force myself to eat
- I find myself looking FORWARD to the shake!
This week, the focus will be getting small changes in my diet. I’m a calorie tracker. For me, I have to. I can’t wrap my head around the container system, but I need to at least figure out meals and things. Thank GOD for Ashley’s accountability group starting tomorrow
The 14th, I’m back on the PiYo train. I’ve found myself MISSING the workouts, but 4-5 hours of sleep lately means I’m coming home and just passing out. I just can’t do it. Though yesterday, I logged, according to my FitBit, like 97 minutes of vigorous exercise, cleaning. My shoulders are KILLING me today. But I’m not logging that as a workout. I’m being honest with myself.
Which that is a big mindset change, as well. Being honest with myself. I’ve needed to do that for a long time.
So, honestly, that was a long ass post, and I’m going to shut up now. Back to the sweaty selfies tomorrow
This is basically all I have done today.
The biggest issue is that my body is now confused about working for 2 days and then being off again. It got used to the 5 days in a row.
- I didn’t drink water.
- I slept in.
- I took a nap. Hell, I took a couple.
I didn’t work out. I was fighting off a headache. Hence the naps. I slept like 12 or 13 hours. That’s insane, especially for me and my usual 6 hours and being good to go.
But I’m not worried about not working out. I at least got my Shakeology in. Right now, that’s my goal. Getting use to drinking a shake a day. I’m already noticing a change. My IBS isn’t so easily triggered. That’s most likely because I’m doing almond milk for my shakes. But, I’m not bloated. Like at all. My gut feels so good!
I’ve also found that I’ve lost a little weight. Less than a pound, but I’m not needing to lose a huge amount.
I’m also gaining back some of my muscle mass. That’s most likely why I’m not seeing a huge weight loss but I am seeing my clothes fitting better.
So, I was “lazy” today, but it was a true rest day that I didn’t even realize that I needed!
Today, no workout happened. Just couldn’t fall asleep. I had to work at 6am and, woo! It was a little stressful!