Some days, you just want to hang out and watch some movies. Today was one of those days. The kids and I enjoyed time together, vegging, watching movie after movie. It was a hodge-modge mixture of movies, as well! The kids enjoyed the movies 😀
1. Newsies (Collector’s Edition) The kids weren’t thrilled with this choice. I woke up singing, and I mean that quite literally, “Seize the Day”. I woke up with the song in my head, and it translated outside my mouth 😀 The kids got bored about halfway through, and I made them come back and watch. They admitted at the end that they understood why I liked it. That works for me.
2. The Hunger Games Madi has been begging to watch this. I made her read the whole trilogy first, and she did. One right after the other. She was hooked! When we watched the movie, she cried when Rue died. She was silent at first, and then I handed her a tissue, which caused her to completely melt down. My poor girl!
3. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire I was like “No, I’ll wait until it’s dark on another day to watch. Like 5 seconds into it starting, I’m closing the browser and sitting between the kiddos. We’ll have to watch again when it’s dark, though, because GOD AWFUL GLARE. Stupid sun!
4. Beetlejuice Kids have seen it on ABC Family, but never in full non-commercial glory 😀 They liked it a lot!
5. Hocus Pocus A family favorite that we finally have on DVD! 😀
6. Willow Now the kids truly understand my “BEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR” comments that I do sometimes. Long before Kilmer was Batman and then blew up, physically. 🙁
7. Dungeons & Dragons Yes, this version is awfully written, terribly acted, and all of that, but it’s still a family favorite because they at least freaking TRIED to follow DnD 😀
What movies would be on your “Lazy Day” playlist?