Seems my biggest problem is *hay fever*
* Runny nose (clear, thin discharge)
* Congested (“stuffy”) nose
* Postnasal drip
* Sensation of plugged ear(s)
* Watery, bloodshot eyes
* Itching of nose, soft palate, ear canal, eyes, and/or skin
* Trouble sleeping
I have literally every single one of those symptoms.
Avoid known or suspected allergens.
Hay fever symptoms lend themselves to home treatment.
- Gargle with warm salt water, 1-2 tablespoons of table salt in 8 ounces of warm water, to soothe a mildly sore throat.
- Take nonprescription antihistamines such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) to relieve symptoms of sneezing, runny nose, and itchy throat and eyes. Caution – these medications may make you too drowsy to drive a car or operate machinery safely.
- For stuffy nose, a combination of an antihistamine and a decongestant such as pseudoephedrine (Sudafed, Actifed) may work better.
Lovely, right? Just deal or take something to treat the symptoms. The best part: Avoid known or suspected allergens. That would be weeds and grass. Hmm, :lol:. Not going to really work when it’s fall, :lol:.
Now excuse me while I go back to dabbing my nose and sneezing all over my laptop.